Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission deadline extended by popular demand: 30 November 2017
Please ensure that an ORCID Number is applied for in order to complete submission – visit www.orcid.org to apply
Pan-African Unity in Health for All: Globalisation of Qualitative Health Research
A journey into the future where qualitative research sets the worldwide trends of our research destinations and guides us on the research journey towards establishing landmarks of care in the era of globalisation to form specific measures for caring and health for all. A network of professionals in the world of qualitative research across the world will be sharing best practices and research to strengthen all health initiatives in a coordinated approach to health care for the 21st century in SA, Africa and the world.
The objectives of the congress:
- Create and provide a platform for forming lasting networks and establishing new bonds and friendships to further develop the exciting world of qualitative research;
- Deliberate innovation ways for deliberate transformation of practice guided research and positive application for transformation of healthy living as a reality in society
- Explore innovative application of qualitative research method to advance health competency and life style patterns
- Promote the practice and application of qualitative research, translating results and recommendations in real-life informed practice approaches for all.
The Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for oral and/or poster presentation (please indicate your preference during the submission process). Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Important Abstract Submission Dates
- Call for Submission Opens: 07 July 2017
- Submission Deadline: 30 November 2017
- Notification to authors regarding acceptance will be ongoing but before 30 January 2018
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserves the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster or oral presentation. Presenters will be notified before 30 January 2018 if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as congress delegates. Early registration fee will apply.
Presentation formats include:
* Oral presentation (20minutes: 15min + 5 min discussion)
* Poster Presentation
Authors are requested to indicate their preference, but should note that the final decision lies with the Scientific Committee.
Maximum of 250 words in MS Word. Page set up with A4 margins, top, bottom, Font: Arial 10pt.
No graphs or diagrams permitted.
Kindly divide your abstract as follows:
Abstract and Author Details
- Category/Theme for submission (see options listed below)
- Title of Abstract (bold): Clear and concise
- Authors’ surname followed by initials or first name
- Underline Presenting Author
- Indicate Corresponding Author with a *
- Authors’ Affiliation/Institution in italics
- Include email address for Corresponding Author
Abstract Content Headings
- Research Purpose and Objectives
- Methods: Briefly describe project/study design, applicable population, sample size and sampling techniques; data collection and methods of analysis
- Results/Outcomes: Present a summary of findings/results/outcomes in line with the objectives of the study
- Conclusion: Must be supported by the results/outcomes
- Key words: List 3 words that describe the study
- Indicate if: Oral, poster presentation or both.
Abstracts not conforming to this format will be returned.
Congress Themes and Sub-Themes for submission
Abstracts are invited according to the sub-themes:
Caring as a concept of qualitative research
- Best practices of caring
- Caring and positive practice environment
- E-health and M-health
- Caring and Ethics and Qualitative Research
- Mental Health and caring
- Caring and Diversity
Qualitative health research: Health Policy and Practice
- Ethics, Practice and Research
- Best practices and policy
- Collaboration and Innovation
- Health Care Engagement and Healthy Lifestyles
- Student Engagement in Health Care Policy
- Reflection on social wellness: Children, Families and Society
Globalisation of Qualitative Research: Redress, Rejuvenate and Research
- Culture and Research
- Social Justice and Research
- Community engagement and Intercultural Health
- Gender and Health
- Health Disparities
- Youth and Health
- Intervention Strategies in Health Research
- Decolonization and Qualitative Research
- Student engagement in Health Care Policy
Provision has been made for Poster presentations. Speakers must declare conflict of interest before starting their presentations.
The official language of the conference is English. An accepted abstract can be presented orally or as a poster. Oral and Poster presentations will be grouped by categories/themes and presented as part of the final conference program
Presenters will be allocated 20 minutes (15 min + 5 min discussion).
- Accepted posters will be displayed throughout the Congress
- Posters should measure 95cm (width) and approximately 1.5m (height)
- Poster Number (to be assigned following review)
- Abstract Title, Authors and Institutions to appear on the top of the Poster
- Body/Content: Include details of the study/abstract. Pictures and innovative designs are welcome