GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT VISAS
Kindly the note information provided below is according to the latest information available from the South African Department of Home Affairs and is subject to change without notice. Applications and enquiries may also be submitted through the Department of Home Affairs VFS Global website. Delegates from African countries must pay specific attention to Yellow Fever vaccination requirements where relevant.
South African visitors’ visas are for international travellers (citizens of other countries) who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
On entry to South Africa, a visa is considered to be a visitor’s permit. The permit’s period of validity is calculated from the date of entry into the country and will be set out under the heading “conditions” on the visa label. Please ensure applications are submitted for the correct category visa/permit. Entry into the country may be refused if the purpose of visit is not correctly stated.
All requirements are subject to change without notice. Note: As each application is treated as an individual case, enquiries should still be made with your nearest South African mission or consulate abroad to see whether or not you are required to apply for a visa for peace of mind.
A fee/charge is applicable for issuing a visa. The fee is payable in different currencies in different countries. Visas are not issued at South African ports of entry, and airline officials are obliged to insist on visas before allowing passengers to board. Should delegates arrive without a necessary visa where such is required, entry to South Africa will be denied.
Should you be unsure whether a visa is required for your visit to South Africa, please click here.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A VISA (Subject to change without notice)
- A passport or travel document valid for no less than 6 months after your return from South Africa
- Passport must have at least two unused pages for entry / departure endorsements
- A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
- Payment of the prescribed fee
- A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if travelling from or through a yellow fever area)
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of the visit
- Two colour passport photographs
- A return or onward ticket if travelling by air
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WHEN TRAVELLING WITH MINOR CHILDREN
(Currently under review and subject to change without notice)
The following additional documents are required for minors /children to South Africa:
- Unabridged birth certificate or proof of guardianship or custody
- Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
- Proof of financial means to pay for living expenses while in South Africa in the form of Bank statements; salary advances; undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa; bursary; medical cover; cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)
AFRICAN COUNTRIES: PASSPORT HOLDERS FROM OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES WHO ARE EXEMPT FROM VISAS FOR SOUTH AFRICA: (SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE )
90 DAYS OR LESS
The citizen who is a holder of a national passport (diplomatic, official and ordinary) of the foreign African countries listed below are not required to hold a visa when entering South Africa for an intended stay of 90 days or less:
- Namibia (90 days per year only)
- Tanzania (90 days per year only)
- Zambia (90 days per year only)
30 DAYS OR LESS
The citizen who is a holder of a national passport (diplomatic, official and ordinary) of the foreign African countries listed below are not required to hold a visa when entering South Africa for an intended stay of 30 days or less:
VISA REQUIREMENTS USA, UK, EUROPE & OTHER
(SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE)
The citizen who is a holder of a national passport (diplomatic, official and ordinary) of the foreign countries listed below are not required to hold a visa when entering South Africa for an intended stay of 90 days or less. (Kindly refer to the official South African Department of Home Affairs website for a full list.)
INVITATION LETTER AND VISA APPLICATION
How to obtain an invitation letter for visa application purposes
When completing the on-line delegate registration, kindly indicate your requirement by ticking the appropriate field/ tick box. Invitation letters will only be issued once registration is complete and payment has been made. Invitation letters will be emailed.
How to obtain an original visa letter
Should you require an original hard copy, please contact the Congress Office – email@example.com along with your express courier name and account number plus a delivery contact and address. If sent through our own courier, this will be for your own account, payable in advance.
For applications and more information visit the VFS GLOBAL website by clicking on the link below: